An Introduction to Christian Writing

I found this post back on my drafting table. I never published it. Now I am going to post it and I hope  you just see it for what it is... Me, being silly. Enjoy it.

An Introduction to Christian Writing by Ethel Herr is the book I am reading right now. It's really a writers companion. I believe it to be packed with great ideas, helpful hints, jump starts and organization. I am still reading, so I can't give you a summary. I can give you the the idea that she is a great author, has written other books and again as I have said before, books are great gifts.

Ms. Ethel  states you should never use the word, "very" unless its very very important.  I think my friend Dot would very much agree. Come to think of it, Jackie, Becky, Lisa, Mo and KiMO, (all teachers) would prolly agree too.  I hang out with smart people. I think I am just their comic relief. Just ask those who attend my birthday parties. But I digress, back to the book.

She also states "there are four basic purposes of writing. Persuade, stimulate, inform and entertain."  And  I am reading that I "should refrain from cliches."  Good thing she said Not to avoid them all together cause then I would be just making up my own cliches. Oh wait I think I already do that don't I?

Heck, I always go for the funny bone(cause I love to laugh and laughers never laugh alone) and if I happen to hit any of the other three, Then I am just happier than a pig in poo.   Darn, now I have to avoid my favorite sayings too??? Why Am I recomending this book again? Just joshing ya, I love the book. Go on and get it.

This is one of the strangest book reviews I have ever done. I am not sure I am going to publish this. The END
-----
2012 Update: It is a book I would still recomend. I just find it funny that I would not publish it. I hope it made you laugh and  I hope you consider investing in the book if your a writer and want a Christian perspective on writing for God.

This is Girl Schmuck signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment