Trying not to crash

Today is day two in new meds for trying to bring down my high sugar. Yesterday I was able to go to the cafeteria and I asked for an small orange juice. So today I came prepared. Or so I thought. First let me explain a crash to you. It's pretty awful. Its the shakes, lightheadedness, foggy thinking, weakness (like weights are tied to your arms and legs) and tiredness.  Its not easy. Its not always a 2 second comeback. Like yesterday I drank the OJ and instantly felt better. Today I brought all my food and drinks with me in my own cooler and had them next to me as I was working.  I ate a super healthy spinach and mushroom omelet for breakfast. I had my protein shake at 11am. By 11:15, I was getting  fuzzy headed  and shaky. It isn't a number. I tested my sugar and its not a low number but just a low number for me. My body has to adjust to being lower because I have been so high so long.
Anyways, I thought I was covered, I brought a juice with me. Apparently I didn't bring enough juice or the wrong kind of juice. It helped but didn't chase the cobwebs away entirely. I sat down at noon and force myself to eat my big healthy salad. The food helped a little too. By one o'clock I was spent. I went home for the nap I so desperately  needed. When I got home and looked in the mirror, my eyes were at half mast. I looked awful and felt worse. The nap fixed me up good.
The doctors office is closed today. So I am going to try taking just half the medication in the morning and the other half in the evening tomorrow and see if that doesn't give me a better balance.
The good news is I have lost some weight. The exercise and new eating changes are working well and I don't have too many cravings to deal with. The other good news is a few friends are also making better healthier lifestyle changes at this point in their lives and I find that very helpful to have accoutability with them. It's encouraging.
This is Girl Schmuck signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment