Cannoli Stuffed French Toast

Good Sunday Morning to you. Want to have some awesome breakfast?
I love Cannoli's. I love them. So when I found this recipe I knew I had to try it.  I don't believe in stealing so I need to tell you that I found this recipe on Tickled Red 
She created this recipe, I copied it and tweaked it to my liking. She takes a lot more pictures and explains things more than I do. Please visit her site for the recipe and then come back here and you can see my tweaks.

The first thing I did was make a cream cheese frosting to put on top.
Please take notice of the bottle in the background.
Homemade chocolate orange Liqueur
Yeah just a little bit went in the mix
The other thing I did was chop up Dove chocolate and a dash of cinnamon went into the ricotta cheese mix.
Now for the slicing the bread, making the slip, pressing the bread down and stuffing the thing...
Well that's why I told you to go visit Shari over at Tickled Red.. she shows you how to do all that.
I am the deviant one who throws alcohol in the mix. 

I followed her directions and cooked them real slow on low heat to make sure the chocalte melted.
I think I put a little too much chocolate in them.. can that really be a bad thing?
The cream cheese icing was so yummy. I think I will use up the rest of the ricotta cheese mixture with a pound cake I have in the freezer to make Cannoli Ricotta Cassata.
Or, I could just eat it with a spoon.
This is Girl Schmuck signing off.

1 comment:

  1. Amy that looks awesome!! Love the way you tweaked it and made it your own :)

    ReplyDelete