Your Purpose or God's Purpose

Don't you love it when you have an " AH HA" moment?  When the light finally turns on, and you can see past the end of your nose. This morning I was working here on my blog, searching to find more things to read. I was checking out more blogs I wanted to read and follow. And I discovered I don't really know what the purpose of my blog is for.  Yes, I think I am funny. But that is not what I want to be remembered for at my funeral. When I started blogging a few months ago, it was for me to post pictures with my new camera and have funny stories to share about my life and living here in central Florida.  But really what does make someone what to read a blog?
 Why do some bloggers have 85 followers, some 285 follers and some.. like me... 8 followers. I think it because the writer has a very defined purpose for their blog. YOU as the reader want to read about a topic.. a certain topic. I don't really have that in my blog, I am all over the place and you just never know what your going to get each morning.
So that was my AH HA moment this morning. I have an idea that this was all part of God's plan for me. Not a day goes to waste with Him. He will use it all for His glory. I really can look back at this rambling in my blog as God allowing me to search for Him in this process. Thats so cool!!  When we seek, we will find and when we knock the door will be opened. So with that idea still bouncing around in my head I will share this mornings devotional page from Max Lucado and his book, "The great house of God"

 "If people love me, they will obey my teaching. My father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them." John 14:23

 God wants to be your dwelling place. He has no interest in being a weekend getaway or a Sunday bungalow or a summer cottage. Don't consider using God as a vacation cabin or a eventual retirement home. He wants you under his roof now and always. He wants to be your mailing address, your point of reference; he wants to be your home.  For many this is a new thought. We think of God as a deity to discuss, not a place to dwell.  We think of God as a mysterious miracle worker, not a house to live in. We think of God as a creator to call on, not a home to reside in. But our Father wants to be much more. He wants to be the one in whom "we live and move and have our being "(Acts 17:28 NIV)---Max Lucado

So I will continue to seek, knock and ask God to be my dwelling place.  It maybe that God is smiling right now just as teachers do when they see their students suddenly "get it".
This is Girl Schmuck signing off.

2 comments:

  1. My blogs only purpose is that of sharing our lives with those we love also! Sharing what God is doing / teaching, and sharing what Lydia is learning! Good for the rellies, and lovely for long-distance friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, thanks for sharing.. but can you explain what is "good for the rellies" mean?

    ReplyDelete