Voice Mail Hugs now come in the form of a text message?

Verse: And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Matthew 28:20
Introductory prayer: What does that mean Lord? I am with you always? Please explain this to me.

Voice mail was the coolest and greatest. You just left a message for what you needed or the time and date of the event a person should show up and Voila no need to keep calling.
Now friends are telling me they don't listen to their voice mail. Well that's inconvenient.  I invented the voice mail hug. 
The voice mail hug is where I call your phone with the idea that I am going to get your voice mail. I tell you "its me, I am praying for you, I thought of you, you don't have to do anything with this message except listen and be blessed. " I may change up the words of course but its the idea that you hear my voice and know someone out there is lifting you up. If I could, I would hug you, but this is what I can give you now.   Now people tell me:  "Text me, I don't bother to listen to my voice mail."

So this morning I had to send out text message love notes. It doesn't have the same zing to it. There is not enough personality in it for me. To text someone is like an email, it can be deleated with the ease of clicking a button without opening it. With voice mail you get to hear the tone, the laughter, the love, the lightness and the genuineness of our friendship. 

How many people do you know that DO NOT own a cell phone? Not many right? I know with my plan voice mail just comes with the package. You don't have to activate it. The only person I know that doesn't activeate his voice mail is my dad. So if your going to go to the trouble of activating your voice mail, why don't you listen to your voice mail messages?

Ok, there are two people in my life whom I love dearly, but every time I try to leave them a voice mail, the voice mail lady comes on and says "message erased" and then I have to try again with the voice mail lady again interupting and saying, "if your happy with your message...." . NO I am not happy, because I can't leave a message. Now the voice mail hug has turned into cursing at the voice mail lady. Who is that woman anyways.??? Technology is great when it works correctly.  Ah well its off to send some text love.
This is Girl Schmuck signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment