Crunchy, Creamy and fluffy, Strawberry layered dessert thing

I made this great sweet, low sugar dessert last night. It is so good. I adapted it from another recipe but don't know really what to call this. You can submit an idea if you like.

It has a nutty, buttery, crunchy bottom layer. I like crunchy things. I like different textures. This has three or maybe even four textures that really grab my attention.
Because I am diabetic I choose to use sugar substitute. But whe I post the recipe I will post it with regular sugar and you can change it if you like. Same with sugar free Jello. And again with fat free whipped topping.
So here are som steps to see how it comes together.



Chop pecans, mix with butter, flour sugar and grape nuts for extra crunch. Press into bottom of pan and throw it in the oven.  While that is baking... Lets make the filling of layer 2.
Mix the cream cheese and sugar together and fold in whipped topping. Slice about 2-3 cups of strawberries.
Make a jell using sugar, cornstarch and jello. When it has cooled add it to the strawberries.

place the whipped topping cream cheese topping on top of the cooled crust. Spread evenly and then add the warm jello strawberry mixture, pouring gently.
Finally you put the whole thing in the refrigerator.

And while you wait for the entire thing to cool, do your dirty dishes. Or you can someone else do them. Now while we wait, how about a snack? My favorite snack is crackers, cheese, pepperoni and apple slices.

YUMMY.

I love this simple snack. See the very cool cheese knife? Its from Pampered Chef. You can order one too. My friend Missy will be happy to help you. If you don't have a Pampered Chef you need one. Missy is lots of fun, loves to laugh and you can have all the coolest gagets. www.pamperedchef.biz/melissascallions
Ok, Lets cut into that dessert now.

I am going to post this recipe on a couple of different sites. However the first thing they ask is the name of your recipe. I don't have a name for this yet, so as soon as I figure one how, I will be sure to let you know.
Ok this is Girl Schmuck signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment