The First day of School


Monday
 Oh Praise God for Beautiful Monday's. I have always loved the first day of school. New clothes, new shoes, new school supplies. I have a confession to make. I love the smell of new school supplies. I know you know what I am talking about. The smell of crayons, wood pencils, notebook paper. All those things have a scent and the smell takes me back to first grade. But this post isn't about me, its about Diesel Boy and Stinker Belle.  Monday was HER first day of Kindergarten. Do you remember your first day of Kindergarten? I do.. but again, that's another post.

 Little bit wasn't smiling for her  pictures. .
I asked her to smile, and she said, "I am just too nervous to smile"
Bless her wee little heart. She was so brave


Here is Diesel trying to comfort her by hugging her close. I didn't cry .. but I am about to now as I think about it... lets move on shall we. 


 Diesel and I came up with a plan to help her laugh and it worked.
And in acting like a ham to make his sister laugh, Diesel nearly fell in the pool.  I shrieked. I am so good at shrieking. I should have majored in that at college.


I finally got a great picture of the big second grader and my new kindergartener. Do you know how hot it is in central Florida? Notice the long sleeves? Her classroom is icebox cold. That only feels good after a work out on the playground and you come back in hot and sweaty. At orientation her teeth were chattering. 

And today? Today was another big milestone for her because she wanted to ride that big yellow school bus. So I drove them down to the stop this morning and put her on the bus with her brother who promised to walk her to her classroom so she wouldn't get lost.
This is Girl Schmuck signing off.

1 comment: