My six year old is smarter than me

Verse: "The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you Nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; Do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

Today's prayer:  God help me to understand that you  Never leave... especially when so many do leave. Amen

OK guys and gals, are you ready to be impressed? Read the verse up there one more time. Do you think you could memorize it? If you HAD to memorize it how long would it take you? How long would you retain it once you committed it to memory?  My six year old is memorizing this verse. This is like the 7th or 8th verse he is committing to memory.  My poor hormone deficient brain can't hold much anymore. My six year old son is going to be so much more prepare for life than I ever was.

Last night Diesel boy came up to me and told me this: "Mom, thank you for a great dinner. Thank you for making us each a special dinner, Thank you for making it taste so good, and for all you do".  

This wasn't prompted by his daddy nor did he just finish his brownie dessert. I was at my computer and after he had his shower he just felt the need to share his heart with me.  (I am trying not to cry here) I hugged him so tight and told him how special a real Thank you was. I told him that my heart just swelled with love at his words.  Yes, I have taught my children that the words, "Thank you" and "I'm Sorry" are so important but they must come from the honest heart. I teach them these words have to be said with meaning, not because I am telling you to say it.
Its odd how so many adults forget these really necessary words too.  Gentle reminders are always needed for all of us.

I forgot to tell you how Diesel has been able to memorize so much scripture. He has so much fun doing it and is excited to learn more. Its a program called Awana. It stands for something like, All workers and not ashamed.  I think that's the words?  You can google it and read more about it.

I  was discussing with you the other day about how we relate to songs. Well I found these memory scripture songs on Amazon. And they are under $5.00 USA.  So I wanted to share the link with you.

They don't pay me. I just wanted to share the idea. A Spanish teacher in college gave me the idea. Listen to Spanish songs, and soon you have them memorized. If you listen to scripture in a song you will have it memorized. Its works. I have pieces of Psalm 91 memorized from a song I heard many times as a 12 year old kid.

And to give you an update I am on chapter two of the bible study for writers.  Its a bible study; so I read, look up scripture, journal about application to my life and then pray. I love it because it asks great questions about writing, God directed writing and your willingness to be available to God and vulnerable.
 This is Girl Schmuck signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment