Introduce yourself to me

Thursdays Introductory Prayer

God?? Hey, Its me. Life is messy right now. Yeah well, can you just help me see you - you know, really show yourself to me today. I need a boost up, a helping hand, a good word. Tap me on the shoulder and just introduce yourself to me. Thanks. Amen

Good morning. I had a pretty cool day yesterday. I talked with friends, I drank coffee, I did my bible study. I made homemade mac and cheese for dinner. I thought about you a lot through out the day. Yes, you. All of you. When I think about you, I pray for you. I lift you up to God and ask Him to care for your worries, allow your words to be pure, help you hold your tongue and think first. (you could pray for me about that one) 

These are some of the things I thought about today:
 There is so much stress out there. We create a lot of our own stress. We knowingly do the wrong thing, say the wrong thing, spend time in the wrong places, spend money on the wrong things, worry about issues we have no control over and my favorite... eat the wrong foods. WHY ?? Why can't we stop doing this? Why can't you stop thinking about the one thought you don't want to think about anymore? In today economy when we need to be frugal, cutting back and slimming down we are doing the very opposite.

Deuteronomy 12:8-9
Your pattern of worship will change. Today all of  you are doing as you please because you have not yet arrived at the place of rest, the land the Lord your God is giving you as your special possession.
New living translation

Reflection:
What is it I am worshipping Lord that I have put in front of you? How do find this special place of rest? New Lands sounds pretty good. I am looking forward to it God. New thoughts, your words, calming me and allowing me to have peace, deep inner peace sounds like great new land to me. Stress is everywhere God. Help me stop producing more stress (old lands??) and reveal yourself to me. I want to live in the Land the Lord my God is giving me as a special possession.  I know you don't think like humans think. Let me not worry about this new land, it may not even be a physical dwelling place, but spiritual. I will allow you to show me rest. We are tired Lord. So many of us are tired. So Rest sounds awesome.  Your word says "Today I did what I please". Ya know what God? Your right. I did just what I wanted without asking You for your guidance. I didn't ask your opinion, or thoughts, your ideas. I just said, "Thanks" and went on my merry way. Gee, I act like I created the world and I know best for my life. But I don't. That's why its in the mess its in... I never invited you in.

Prayer time
Oh Lord, I messed up again. Forgive me. I am so so lost.  Help me change my ways of doing what I please to doing what you please. I pretend to be a big know it all and have it all together. But I don't. I should be on stage for all the pretending and acting I do. God, thank you for loving me while I am sinning against you. You promised to never leave me and you haven't. You gently remind me that you want me back, under your wing of protection, adopted forever in your family. You came searching for me and found me, covered in my dirty rags of worshipping idols and spending time in the dung heaps by showing off all my skills and gadgets. I stink of lies and deranged beliefs that I can run my life all by my own self. You bathed me in truth. Your grace is sufficient for me. I give myself to you because you run my life so much better than I do. God I want my pattern of worship to change. I want to worship you. I was created to worship you and only you. Thank you God. Amen.
This is Girl Schmuck signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment